top of page
The Priory church of St Peter has been on the site since 1130AD. It was an Augustine Priory until the reformation in 1538 the Canons signed the Priory over to the King and Priory and lands became property of the King. The Priory and lands were sold and part of the priory was retained and became a parish church.
bottom of page